WINTER IN BANFF: ‘CHASING THE MILKY WAY ARCH’ PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
PHOTOGRAPH SNOWY CANADIAN ROCKIES SCENES BY DAY AND TRY YOUR HAND AT CAPTURING THE ELUSIVE FEBRUARY MILKY WAY ARCH BY NIGHT!
Enjoy this 2 night Banff winter photo workshop with a local guide (Dates: February 17-19th, 2024).
$ 725+ GST (5%) / $ CAD
- * Limited spaces available.
- ** Offered February 17th - 19th, 2024 (long wknd).
- *** We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal & more.
LEARN & IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
For complete beginners and advanced photographers alike, we cater to you.
This trip will involve you learning as much as we can possibly fit into our time together. I’ll always be working with you and your camera gear so that you will walk away a better photographer, get bucket list shots, and be inspired for your future photography shoots as you will have taken another step forward technically and creatively.
EXPERIENCE THE ROCKIES WITH A CERTIFIED GUIDE
Have confidence that you are with a professional guide who has your safety and enjoyment top of mind.
We are fully certified with two professional guiding associations in Canada, the ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) as a Hiking Guide, and the IGA (Interpretive Guides Association) as a Professional Interpretive Guide. We are winter accredited in both as well meaning that we are an excellent year round choice to lead you on your next photo adventure.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Some testimonials from past guests:
– “Nick is incredibly knowledgeable about both photography and the surroundings we’re shooting in, which helped me connect more with the landscape. I learned so much in just a few days. He works with you and the style you like to shoot in and gives you tips and composition ideas. He ensured everyone in the workshop was safe and comfortable as well. I hope to do another workshop with Nick again!” – Ti-An
– “Spending a few days with Nick in the Banff area were days well spent! We loved Nick’s patience and knowledge, never once making us feel inadequate, whether it was with our cameras or our physical ability to go places. His gentle reminders about technical use of our gear, and pointing out amazing compositions were all appreciated. Nick is not just knowledgeable about photography, but we also learned so much about the area, the geography and history. Within hours of meeting Nick, I felt safe, as if my own son was taking me on a vacation. I would not hesitate to book another tour with Nick and take my love of photography and the outdoors even further” – Sheryl
WINTER IN BANFF: ‘CHASING THE MILKY WAY ARCH’
(Dates: February 17th – 19th)
What to expect
A one of a kind Banff winter photo workshop experience! – during this 2 night (long weekend) photography workshop you will photograph classic Canadian Rockies winter scenery by day, along with the rare opportunity to capture the February milky way arch by night just after the moon has set, and right before dawn!
Our base in Banff will allow us a central location from which to reach a range of iconic shooting locations that you can put your own twist on with the help of your guide, Nick Fitzhardinge. There will be lots of time to learn about technical settings, light, astrophotography, composition, all in a small group setting with many 1v1 opportunities.
Add in a canyon walk on the second day and you will have lots of chances to capture unique images of the Canadian Rockies & improve your photography on this multi-day winter photo workshop!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
What to Bring
A detailed list will be provided to you after booking. This will include camera gear and clothing suggestions.
We will meet in the Banff area on location at 2pm on Saturday February 17th for this Banff winter photo workshop. We will finish in the Banff area after sunrise at checkout time (11am) on Monday the 19th.
A mixture of Canmore & Banff areas. We will chase the best opportunities for spectacular photos depending on the localized weather, season, and light angles.