ROCKY MOUNTAIN HELI PHOTOGRAPHY ADVENTURE
TURQUOISE LAKES, BIG MOUNTAINS & CAMPING UNDER THE STARS!
Experience a scenic helicopter flight right into our remote campsite from which we can photograph the milky way and numerous stunning compositions. 360 degrees of possibilities on this wilderness photography workshop (August 3rd-5th, 2024).
$ 1325+ GST (5%) / $ CAD
- * Limited space available.
- ** August 3-5, 2024 (2 nights).
- *** We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal & more.
LEARN & IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
For complete beginners and advanced photographers alike, we cater to you.
This trip will involve you learning as much as we can possibly fit into our time together. I’ll always be working with you and your camera gear so that you will walk away a better photographer, get bucket list shots, and be inspired for your future photography shoots as you will have taken another step forward technically and creatively.
EXPERIENCE THE ROCKIES WITH A CERTIFIED GUIDE
Have confidence that you are with a professional guide who has your safety and enjoyment top of mind.
We are fully certified with two professional guiding associations in Canada, the ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) as a Hiking Guide, and the IGA (Interpretive Guides Association) as a Professional Interpretive Guide. We are winter accredited in both as well meaning that we are an excellent year round choice to lead you on your next photo adventure.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Some testimonials from past guests:
– “Nick is incredibly knowledgeable about both photography and the surroundings we’re shooting in, which helped me connect more with the landscape. I learned so much in just a few days. He works with you and the style you like to shoot in and gives you tips and composition ideas. He ensured everyone in the workshop was safe and comfortable as well. I hope to do another workshop with Nick again!” – Ti-An
– “Spending a few days with Nick in the Banff area were days well spent! We loved Nick’s patience and knowledge, never once making us feel inadequate, whether it was with our cameras or our physical ability to go places. His gentle reminders about technical use of our gear, and pointing out amazing compositions were all appreciated. Nick is not just knowledgeable about photography, but we also learned so much about the area, the geography and history. Within hours of meeting Nick, I felt safe, as if my own son was taking me on a vacation. I would not hesitate to book another tour with Nick and take my love of photography and the outdoors even further” – Sheryl
ROCKY MOUNTAIN HELI PHOTOGRAPHY ADVENTURE
(Location: Michele Lakes, August 3rd-5th, 2024)
What to expect
Alpine lakes, wide open views, pristine wilderness, wildflowers, and if it’s clear, the opportunity to photograph the milky way & a billion stars with no light pollution whatsoever. There will be many unique photographic opportunities very close to our camp near the lakes on this trip.
This trip has a low physical requirement with not too much walking as we are dropped right by our campsite. There are no trails in the area however (which is one of its charms) so you should bring some hiking boots. A small group size limited to 6 participants to keep our impact low and maximize your learning experience through our photography instruction & mentoring. A minimum of 2 participants is required for this trip.
This is a camping based adventure staying at Michele Lakes where there are no facilities. A true wilderness experience! Participants will need to bring their own gear, along with food for the duration of our stay. Packing recommendations will be provided. It is a great way to unplug, get off the grid and connect with the outdoors! Participants are limited to 40lb of efficiently packed gear due to helicopter weight limitations.
We have gained authorization from the land managers of this area for this special trip, have current first aid and advanced wilderness first aid certifications & have taken prior trips into this region. This workshop is suitable for all levels of photography experience as there will be many one on one opportunities throughout our time together. We will be by your side providing all that we know and love about landscape photography.
Pricing includes the helicopter flight transportation to and from the area from the ‘Rockies Heli’ helipad at Abraham Lake, your random camping permits, 1v1 photography instruction throughout the trip, and a professional ACMG/IGA Hiking Guide.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
What to Bring
A detailed list will be provided to you after booking. This will include camera gear, clothing/hiking gear, & food ideas. All of it will need to be fit into 1-2 bags that weigh no more than 40lb for the helicopter.
We will meet at Abraham Lake at the helipad in the morning on the first day in order to prep for our flight. We will be back at the helipad around lunch time on the final day.
Michele Lakes & their surrounds. Lots of opportunities very close to the lakes! We will chase the best opportunities for spectacular photos depending on the localized weather, season, and light angles.