TONQUIN VALLEY WILDERNESS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
HIKE BENEATH THE SPECTACULAR RAMPARTS AND STAY AT A SECLUDED BACKCOUNTRY HUT
Experience wilderness photography at its best in the remote Tonquin Valley after the mosquitoes have packed up and gone home for the season (September 1st-4th, 2023).
$ 895+ GST (5%) / $ CAD
- * Limited spaces available
- ** 3 nights/4 days - September 1st-4th, 2023
- *** We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal & more.
LEARN & IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
For complete beginners and advanced photographers alike, we cater to you.
This trip will involve you learning as much as we can possibly fit into our time together. I’ll always be working with you and your camera gear so that you will walk away a better photographer, get bucket list shots, and be inspired for your future photography shoots as you will have taken another step forward technically and creatively.
EXPERIENCE THE ROCKIES WITH A CERTIFIED GUIDE
Have confidence that you are with a professional guide who has your safety and enjoyment top of mind.
We are fully certified with two professional guiding associations in Canada, the ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) as a Hiking Guide, and the IGA (Interpretive Guides Association) as a Professional Interpretive Guide. We are winter accredited in both as well meaning that we are an excellent year round choice to lead you on your next photo adventure.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Some testimonials from past guests:
– “Nick is incredibly knowledgeable about both photography and the surroundings we’re shooting in, which helped me connect more with the landscape. I learned so much in just a few days. He works with you and the style you like to shoot in and gives you tips and composition ideas. He ensured everyone in the workshop was safe and comfortable as well. I hope to do another workshop with Nick again!” – Ti-An
– “Spending a few days with Nick in the Banff area were days well spent! We loved Nick’s patience and knowledge, never once making us feel inadequate, whether it was with our cameras or our physical ability to go places. His gentle reminders about technical use of our gear, and pointing out amazing compositions were all appreciated. Nick is not just knowledgeable about photography, but we also learned so much about the area, the geography and history. Within hours of meeting Nick, I felt safe, as if my own son was taking me on a vacation. I would not hesitate to book another tour with Nick and take my love of photography and the outdoors even further” – Sheryl
2023 TONQUIN VALLEY – SEPTEMBER 1st-4th
(3 night/4 day wilderness photography workshop)
What to expect
This is a one of a kind Tonquin Valley photography adventure. We will visit Jasper National Park’s most special backcountry location with iconic lakeside views of the Rampart mountains, have potential opportunities to see wildlife in it’s natural environment, stay in a historical hut, and experience true wilderness where the photos will be hard earned, uncommon and memorable.
A moderate-high level of fitness is required. Walking distances of between 10 – 18km per day with elevation gains of approximately 300 metres per day to reach the different areas in the region. You will need to be able to carry your camera gear & any necessities with you over these distances. A small group size limited to 6 participants to keep our impact low and maximize your learning experience through our photography instruction & mentoring.
This is a hut based adventure staying at the Wates Gibson Hut. Participants will need to bring their own gear, along with food for the duration of our stay. Packing recommendations will be provided. It is a great way to unplug, get off the grid and connect with the outdoors!
I am a licensed guide in the Tonquin Valley area with current first aid and advanced wilderness first aid certifications & have taken many prior trips into the region. This adventure is suitable for all levels of photography experience as there will be many one on one opportunities throughout our time together. I will be by your side providing all that I know and love about landscape photography.
Pricing includes the 3 night hut reservation, 1v1 photography instruction throughout the trip, and a professional ACMG/IGA Hiking Guide.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
What to Bring
A detailed list will be provided to you after booking our Tonquin Valley photography adventure. This will include camera gear, clothing/hiking gear, & food ideas. All of it will need to be fit into one pack and go on your back so trimming down the camera gear is essential.
We will meet in Jasper at 7.30am on September 1st in order to convoy or carpool to the Mt Edith Cavell area and the Astoria River Trailhead. We will be back sometime between lunch and dinner time on September 4th.
The Tonquin Valley core area and its surrounding areas including Eremite Valley. We will chase the best opportunities for spectacular photos depending on the localized weather, season, and light angles.