YELLOWKNIFE NORTHERN LIGHTS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS & TOURS
PHOTOGRAPH THE BREATHTAKING NORTHERN LIGHTS IN THE AURORA CAPITAL OF CANADA
Join us in Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories for peak fall colour and perfectly timed dark skies (Sept 14-16 & Sept 17-19) or experience the aurora in winter (March 8-11, 2024) on these multi-day photography workshops .
$ 1075+ GST (5%) / $ CAD
- * Limited spaces available.
- ** Offered in September (fall colours) and March (winter wonderland) every year.
- *** We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal & more.
LEARN & IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
For complete beginners and advanced photographers alike, we cater to you.
This trip will involve you learning as much as we can possibly fit into our time together. I’ll always be working with you and your camera gear so that you will walk away a better photographer, get bucket list shots, and be inspired for your future photography shoots as you will have taken another step forward technically and creatively.
EXPERIENCE THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES WITH A CERTIFIED GUIDE & LICENSED TOURISM OPERATOR
Have confidence that you are with a professional guide who has your safety and enjoyment top of mind.
We are fully certified with two professional guiding associations in Canada, the ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) as a Hiking Guide, and the IGA (Interpretive Guides Association) as a Professional Interpretive Guide. We are winter accredited in both as well meaning that we are an excellent year round choice to lead you on your next photo adventure. On top of that we are registered as a licensed tourism operator authorized to run group photography events in the NWT.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Some testimonials from past guests:
– “Nick is incredibly knowledgeable about both photography and the surroundings we’re shooting in, which helped me connect more with the landscape. I learned so much in just a few days. He works with you and the style you like to shoot in and gives you tips and composition ideas. He ensured everyone in the workshop was safe and comfortable as well. I hope to do another workshop with Nick again!” – Ti-An
– “Spending a few days with Nick in the Banff area were days well spent! We loved Nick’s patience and knowledge, never once making us feel inadequate, whether it was with our cameras or our physical ability to go places. His gentle reminders about technical use of our gear, and pointing out amazing compositions were all appreciated. Nick is not just knowledgeable about photography, but we also learned so much about the area, the geography and history. Within hours of meeting Nick, I felt safe, as if my own son was taking me on a vacation. I would not hesitate to book another tour with Nick and take my love of photography and the outdoors even further” – Sheryl
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
OUR YELLOWKNIFE NORTHERN LIGHTS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS ARE ON SEPT 14-16 (2023), SEPT 17-19 (2023) & MARCH 8-11 (2024)
(3 night aurora photography workshops & tours)
What to expect
Visit Yellowknife and the far North of Canada to photograph the Northern Lights during peak fall colour and the darkest nights of September! Or choose to experience a snowy winter wonderland and the darkest nights of March. The focus will be on night photography however there will be opportunities to enjoy time in the city of Yellowknife as well as capture the stunning vistas all around the area.
There are three events to choose from:
* September 14th -16th We will meet at 2pm on the 14th and wrap up very late on the 16th (possibly up until 2am on the 17th) making for 3 nights of aurora chasing!
* September 17th -19th We will meet at 2pm on the 17th and wrap up very late on the 19th (possibly up until 2am on the 20th) making for 3 nights of aurora chasing!
* March 8th – 11th, 2024 We will meet at 2pm on the 8th and wrap up in the morning on the 11th making for 3 nights of aurora chasing!
What is included?
Aurora Photography and optimally timed dark skies in the Northwest Territories! Professional photography instruction & expert guidance from a certified guide and licensed NWT tourism operator. These events are timed to the darkest nights of September and March so we will have no additional light in the night sky making for enhanced aurora shooting conditions!
We will chase the Northern lights three nights in a row to a number of locations in and around Yellowknife.
What is NOT included in the event?
* Accommodation – Everything is close enough so your choice of accommodation will not matter. Contact me for recommendations. We will have a central meeting place close to everyone’s accommodation.
* Transport – Car pooling may be available so please get in touch if you are interested in that, but be prepared to organize your own rental car should that possibility not be available.
* Travel, medical & equipment insurance. I highly recommend you purchase these before embarking on this trip, especially to cover yourself in case you have to isolate due to Covid 19 and will therefore not be able to participate. Refunds will not be issued for reasons due to Covid-19 (although a transfer to a future event may be an option) – having adequate coverage is essential.
* Your flights and travel to Yellowknife, NWT. Book ahead early!
What to Bring
A detailed list will be provided to you after booking. This will include camera gear & other suggestions such as recommended outerwear.
We will meet in Yellowknife at 2pm on the first day and we will be wrap it up around midnight on the final night depending on the aurora!
Yellowknife, Ingraham Trail and surrounding areas. We will chase the best opportunities for spectacular photos depending on the localized weather, season, and light angles.