LAKE O’HARA HIKING ADVENTURE PHOTO TOURS
GRAB YOUR CAMERA BACKPACK & EXPLORE THE MAGICALLY SECLUDED LAKE O’HARA AREA
Enjoy a full day photo tour exploring the alpine lakes & mind bending trails that are a hallmark of this exclusive backcountry location (July 15th & September 24th, 2023).
$ 395+ GST (5%) / $ CAD
- * Limited spaces available
- ** Offered on July 15th or September 24th - experience fresh summer scenes or yellow larch at O'Hara!
- *** We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal & more.
LEARN & IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
For complete beginners and advanced photographers alike, we cater to you.
This trip will involve you learning as much as we can possibly fit into our time together. I’ll always be working with you and your camera gear so that you will walk away a better photographer, get bucket list shots, and be inspired for your future photography shoots as you will have taken another step forward technically and creatively.
EXPERIENCE THE ROCKIES WITH A CERTIFIED GUIDE
Have confidence that you are with a professional guide who has your safety and enjoyment top of mind.
We are fully certified with two professional guiding associations in Canada, the ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) as a Hiking Guide, and the IGA (Interpretive Guides Association) as a Professional Interpretive Guide. We are winter accredited in both as well meaning that we are an excellent year round choice to lead you on your next photo adventure.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Some testimonials from past guests:
– “Nick is incredibly knowledgeable about both photography and the surroundings we’re shooting in, which helped me connect more with the landscape. I learned so much in just a few days. He works with you and the style you like to shoot in and gives you tips and composition ideas. He ensured everyone in the workshop was safe and comfortable as well. I hope to do another workshop with Nick again!” – Ti-An
– “Spending a few days with Nick in the Banff area were days well spent! We loved Nick’s patience and knowledge, never once making us feel inadequate, whether it was with our cameras or our physical ability to go places. His gentle reminders about technical use of our gear, and pointing out amazing compositions were all appreciated. Nick is not just knowledgeable about photography, but we also learned so much about the area, the geography and history. Within hours of meeting Nick, I felt safe, as if my own son was taking me on a vacation. I would not hesitate to book another tour with Nick and take my love of photography and the outdoors even further” – Sheryl
2023 LAKE O’HARA DAY TRIPS
(Full day / Small Group Photo Tours – July 15th and September 24th, 2023)
What to expect
Photograph multi-coloured glacial lakes, pristine wilderness & soaring peaks on these guided day hikes in the Lake O’Hara area of Yoho National Park! It’s a full day, We meet before 8am in the Lake O’Hara car park so as to catch the 8.30am bus to Lake O’Hara. We will then spend the day exploring and photographing along the incredible trail system built by the Lake O’Hara Trail Club and Lawrence Grassi, returning to catch one of the last two buses of the day out.
A moderate level of fitness is required. Our walking distance will range from 6 – 10km with an elevation gain & loss of approximately 300 metres to reach the different areas in the region at an easy going pace with many stops throughout. We will make sure to pack our bags with lunch, water, snacks, & weather appropriate clothing along with our camera gear so making some lens & tripod sacrifices might be in order to keep our packs at a reasonable weight. Hiking boots are essential and poles are highly recommended.
I am a licensed professional guide with current first aid and advanced wilderness first aid certifications & have taken many prior trips in to the Lake O’Hara region. This workshop is suitable for all levels of photography experience as there will be many one on one opportunities throughout our time together. I will be by your side providing all that I know and love about landscape photography.
The group size is limited to 5 participants. Make sure to join our mailing list below to find out when this trip will have availability as it is very popular. I also offer this as a privately guided day trip so make sure to inquire about that to see if your preferred dates will work if that interests you.
Pricing includes the return bus transportation to and from the area from the Lake O’Hara car park, 1v1 photography instruction throughout the trip, and a professional ACMG/IGA Hiking Guide.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
What to Bring
A detailed list will be provided to you after booking. This will include camera gear & clothing/hiking gear. All of it will need to be fit into 1 bag that you can comfortably carry with you throughout the day.
We will meet at 8am at he Lake O’Hara car park in order to be ready for the 8.30am bus. We will return on one of the last two buses of the day at either 4.30pm or 6.30pm.
The Lake O’Hara area including one or two of Lake Oesa, the Opabin Plateau or Lake MacArthur areas. We will chase the best opportunities for spectacular photos depending on the localized weather, season, and light angles.