TOMBSTONE TERRITORIAL PARK HIKING ADVENTURE PHOTO TOURS
PHOTOGRAPH THE ‘PATAGONIA OF THE NORTH’ CLOSE TO THE ARCTIC CIRCLE
Be mesmerized by northern lights, giant mountains looming over us, & vast alpine tundra on this heli-accessed, multi-day photography workshop (2024 Camping Dates will be released when available).
$ 2975+ GST (5%) / $ CAD
- * Limited spaces available
- ** Offered between July - September
- *** We accept all major credit cards, debit cards, PayPal & more.
LEARN & IMPROVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY
For complete beginners and advanced photographers alike, we cater to you.
This trip will involve you learning as much as we can possibly fit into our time together. I’ll always be working with you and your camera gear so that you will walk away a better photographer, get bucket list shots, and be inspired for your future photography shoots as you will have taken another step forward technically and creatively.
EXPERIENCE THE YUKON WITH A CERTIFIED GUIDE
Have confidence that you are with a professional guide who has your safety and enjoyment top of mind.
We are fully certified with two professional guiding associations in Canada, the ACMG (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides) as a Hiking Guide, and the IGA (Interpretive Guides Association) as a Professional Interpretive Guide. We are winter accredited in both as well meaning that we are an excellent year round choice to lead you on your next photo adventure.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
Some testimonials from past guests:
– “Nick is incredibly knowledgeable about both photography and the surroundings we’re shooting in, which helped me connect more with the landscape. I learned so much in just a few days. He works with you and the style you like to shoot in and gives you tips and composition ideas. He ensured everyone in the workshop was safe and comfortable as well. I hope to do another workshop with Nick again!” – Ti-An
– “Spending a few days with Nick in the Banff area were days well spent! We loved Nick’s patience and knowledge, never once making us feel inadequate, whether it was with our cameras or our physical ability to go places. His gentle reminders about technical use of our gear, and pointing out amazing compositions were all appreciated. Nick is not just knowledgeable about photography, but we also learned so much about the area, the geography and history. Within hours of meeting Nick, I felt safe, as if my own son was taking me on a vacation. I would not hesitate to book another tour with Nick and take my love of photography and the outdoors even further” – Sheryl
2024 TOMBSTONE TERRITORIAL PARK
(multi-day, heli-accessed wilderness photography workshop – dates TBD)
What to expect
Alpine lakes, wide open views, pristine wilderness, a beautiful trail system, fall colours, wildlife, and if it’s clear, the opportunity to photograph the Aurora Borealis, Mt Monolith & Tombstone Mountain. There will be many unique photographic opportunities depending on when the trip is – summer or fall.
A moderate level of fitness is required. Walking distances of between 6 – 10km per day with elevation gains of approximately 300 metres per day to reach the different areas in the region. You will need to be able to carry your camera gear & any necessities with you over these distances. A small group size limited to 6 participants to keep our impact low and maximize your learning experience through my photography instruction & mentoring.
This is a camping based adventure staying at Talus & Divide campgrounds. Participants will need to bring their own camping gear, along with food for the duration of our trip. It is a great way to unplug, get off the grid and connect with the outdoors!
I am a licensed guide in Tombstone Territorial Park with current first aid and advanced wilderness first aid certifications. This workshop is suitable for all levels of photography experience as there will be many one on one opportunities throughout our time together. I will be by your side providing all that I know and love about landscape photography.
Pricing includes the helicopter flight transportation to and from the area from Dawson City and/or the Dempster Hwy, your camping reservation, 1v1 photography instruction throughout the trip, and a professional ACMG/IGA Hiking Guide.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
What to Bring
A detailed list will be provided to you after booking. This will include camera gear, clothing/hiking gear, camping equipment & food ideas. All of it will need to be fit into 1-2 bags that weigh no more than 40lb for the helicopter.
We will start and finish in Dawson City. The itinerary will be provided in advance of the trip once all logistics have been finalized but expect it to be 4-5 days in duration.
Talus Lake, Divide Lake and the areas surrounding Mt Monolith. We will chase the best opportunities for spectacular photos depending on the localized weather, season, and light angles.